Normally your first session will take approximately an hour. During this time we will:
- Take a full case history, assessing your general health, previous conditions and existing symptoms.
- Ask your permission to conduct a physical examination (this will include neurological and orthopaedic tests, if necessary)
- Establish a working diagnosis of your presenting problem and a treatment plan with your agreement.
- Make a number of gentle adjustments either manually or with an instrument.
- Offer advice on exercise, self-help and lifestyle.
In some instances, we may need to ask you to remove some clothing. Privacy and a gown are provided if needed, but do tell us if you feel uncomfortable about undressing.
If at any point we discover or suspect a serious condition that requires GP or hospital intervention, we will refer as appropriate.
Remember your body will respond well to consideration, kindness and care. It is a good idea to avoid vigorous activities for 24 hours following your treatment.